On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 1:52 PM Steve Langasek
<steve.langa...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Dear Developers,
>
> As per the release schedule, Cosmic is now in Feature Freeze.
>
> Ideally you will all now be focusing on bug fixing and not on getting
> new features into the release.
>
> As is the custom, packages that have been uploaded to cosmic-roposed prior
> to the feature freeze deadline, but have gotten stuck there, remain
> candidates for fixing between now and release.

Does this custom apply to NEW packages as well? For example, I had
squid (which replaces squid3) uploaded on monday Aug 20th
(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/cosmic/+queue?queue_state=0&queue_text=squid),
but it's still in NEW.

Besides the source package rename, (squid3 -> squid), it is also a new
major version (3.5 -> 4.1).