Hi,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 10:11:51AM -0600, Jacob Killelea wrote:
> The version of gnome-twitch currently shipping on 18.04 has issues that
> stop it from working properly (see
> https://github.com/vinszent/gnome-twitch/issues/370). The maintainer says
> that the problems have been fixed and it'd be great to have the package
> updated to a working version.

Please see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates. It may be
acceptable to update to a wholesale newer version, but this depends on
what changes have been made and how they fit Ubuntu's stable release
promises.

Ultimately we depend on volunteers to provide updates that meet our
policies, so if you can do that, please do.

If you have any further questions after reading the SRU policy document,
feel free to continue to ask them here.

Hope that helps,

Robie