Mixing and matching binaries from incorrect series may lead to unexpected
bugs.

It's better to launch a xenial chroot / container / VM and install things
inside it.
I.e.

$ lxc launch ubuntu:xenial

Will create a container, that you can exec into, setup ssh to ssh into, and
install SAS inside it and than export it to your host.

For packages.ubuntu.com, I normally look at updates URLs, as those should
be directly accessible
https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial-updates/amd64/libpng12-0/download

The security URLs, rightly advise to only install security updates
validated with apt.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2019 at 21:23, Jef vandenabbeele <jefvandenabbe...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear,
>
> To run a certain application (SAS 9.4) it seems that I need libpng12.so.0.
> This specific version of libpng isn't available in Muon on the Ubuntu
> Disco-release.
> Is there a possibility to get this version next to the installed
> libpng16-version?
>
> I already tried to install it through
> https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/libpng12-0/download, but for
> some reason the 'Install Package'-button isn't clickable after downloading
> the package.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jef
> Ubuntu – Package Download Selection --
> libpng12-0_1.2.54-1ubuntu1.1_amd64.deb - Ubuntu – Ubuntu Packages Search
> <https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/libpng12-0/download>
> Note that in some browsers you will need to tell your browser you want the
> file saved to a file. For example, in Firefox or Mozilla, you should hold
> the Shift key when you click on the URL.
> packages.ubuntu.com
>
> --

Regards,

Dimitri.