Dear developpers,

I would like to report a bad translation in the description of the “fslint”
package.

Here are the outputs of "apt-cache show", in French, then in English:

*****************
$ apt-cache show fslint
Package: fslint
(…)
Description-fr: Collection d'utilitaires pour trouver et corriger les erreurs
communes
dans le stockage de fichiers Fslint est une boîte à outils pour nettoyer la
charpie du
système de fichiers. Il comprend une interface graphique GTK+ ainsi qu'une
interface
 en ligne de commande et peut être utilisé pour récupérer l'espace disque.
 Il possède une interface pour la désinstallation des paquets, et il peut
(…)
Homepage: http://www.pixelbeat.org/fslint/
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu

$ LANG=C apt-cache show fslint
Package: fslint
(…)
Description-en: Utility collection to find and fix common errors in file storage
 FSlint is a toolkit to clean filesystem lint. It includes a GTK+ GUI
 as well as a command line interface and can be used to reclaim disk space.
 It has an interface for uninstalling packages, and it can find things like(…)
Homepage: http://www.pixelbeat.org/fslint/
Bugs: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+filebug
Origin: Ubuntu

$

*****************

The part concerned which is incorrectly translated in this sentence, is, in
English:
“FSlint is a toolkit to clean filesystem lint.”

in French:
“ Fslint est une boîte à outils pour nettoyer la charpie du
système de fichiers.”

This word "charpie" makes no sense in French in this context.

Here is where "lint" in computing comes from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lint_(software)

here is what it is referred to when you consider how it has been translated to
French:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lint_(material)

Hence this is the translation I will suggest, based on the explanations of the
page
« https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lint_(software) » :

«Fslint est une boîte à outils pour nettoyer des restes indésirables dans les
fichiers du
système.»

(litterally, "Fslint is a toolbox to clean unwanted leftovers from the files in
the
system").

*********

I think it sounds much better, and if it is ok for you, could you add this to
the todo
for the next package version number?

Thanks for all your packaging works.

Best regards,