Hi David!

On 2020-06-30 10:34, David Ljung Madison wrote:
I am the author of the 'album' and 'album-data' packages.

I distribute a 'deb' for the package as well as a tar for the data
package which someone (I'm not actually sure who) turns into an
ubuntu package.

For some reason they are adding an unnessary dependency:

% apt-cache show album-data
Depends: album, libjs-swfobject

There is no reason for this package to depend on libjs-swfobject, and
this is causing downstream distro's to not provide the package.

How can I get the dependencies updated properly?

Your application is packaged in Debian, i.e. Ubuntu simply syncs it from the Debian repo.

I notice this bug: https://bugs.debian.org/908694

Unfortunately the Debian package maintainer seems to have stepped down, and nobody else has fixed the bug. As a result the album-data package is not available in Debian Buster and Ubuntu 20.04.

So the Debian package needs a new maintainer. Or at least it needs some love by some Debian developer who helps out by dropping that dependency.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj