Hi all,

I checked Calibre in Groovy (version 4.99.12+dfsg+really4.23.0-1) and it works
fine. As per bug report #1898904
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/calibre/+bug/1898904/comments/7),
Calibre >=4.15 has the required patch. So, instead of waiting for 5.2, can we
backport current Groovy version of Calibre to Focal?

Regards,

Sai

====
Unfortunately, Calibre 5.x requires SIP 5 and PyQt5 that is built against
SIP 5. Moving PyQt5 to the new SIP is a major transition, that happened
in Debian recently (two weeks ago) and did not happen in Ubuntu yet because
of freeze.

This requires changes in many packages simultaneously: at least pyqt5,
pyqt5charts, pyqt5webengine, qscintilla2, calibre, python-poppler-qt5,
veusz, krita and qgis.

I am planning to land this change early in Groovy+1 cycle.

> Is the above (update to 5.2.0) possible in Ubuntu Focal, and if yes,
> what kind if steps are necessary?

So for Focal and Groovy we need a version of Calibre that still uses SIP 4.
Last such version in Debian was 4.99.12+dfsg+really4.23.0-1, Groovy already
has that. If you know some specific fixes, maybe they can be applied on top
of what Focal or Groovy has.

--
Dmitry Shachnev