Just to follow up on this thread - since there was no opposition to this
proposal, I have uploaded updated adduser and shadow packages to
hirsute-proposed to support setting the mode of home directories to 750
by default when they are created via either adduser or useradd.

Let me know if you encounter any significant issues :)