And once more, ESM rears its head.ESM comes with no community support.  Support
for ESM releases is for *paid Canonical support via Ubuntu Advantage
subscriptions*.  The Community Council clarified this with Canonical who will
be putting out a more descriptive document explaining ESM and this information.
 None of the prior releases RE: ESM had any details about End of Standard
Support - thats a new thing that was recently added to releases.  So yes ESM
repos will get you additonal security patches but it won't extend to community
support - that will require paid Canonical contracts.16.04 to 18.04 is a valid
upgrade path so d-r-u will work. But you will still need to upgrade to 18.04
and I recommend doing that sooner than later.Thomas
-------- Original message --------From: Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net> Date: 4/24/21  10:09  (GMT-05:00) To:
ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com Subject: Re: firebird3.0 install on
Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (Xenial Xerus) On Fri, 23 Apr 2021 17:27:30 -0400, Thomas
Ward wrote:>Be aware though: 16.04.7 goes past End of Standard Support this
month>- you should consider upgrading 16.04 to 18.04 before the end of>standard
support happens.Doesn't do-release-upgrade after April work anymore? I suspect
that itat least does work until April 2023, when Ubuntu 18.04 standard
supportends. If a release upgrade isn't needed, 16.04 should be (more orless)
good until April 2024. Am I mistaken?"Is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS still supported
beyond April 2021?Ubuntu 16.04 LTS will still be supported beyond its free
initialfive-year maintenance period in April 2021, as it transitions to
theextended security maintenance phase - with three additional years ofsecurity
ensured.Learn more about Ubuntu 16.04 LTS moving to ESM  ›Free for personal
useCanonical provides Ubuntu Advantage Essential subscriptions, whichinclude
ESM, free of charge for individuals on up to 3 machines. Forour community of
Ubuntu members we will gladly increase that to 50machines. Your personal
subscription will also cover Livepatch. Get ESMnow" -
https://ubuntu.com/security/esm-- Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing