I'm not interested in reading another market share link. I'm quite sure
that most computer devices used via a GUI are smartphones and I doubt
that Windows is the most used OS on smartphones. However, given that
most desktop computers likely are equipped with Windows only, the market
share still isn't bound to user-friendliness.

Windows is easier available, since it's installed by default on almost
all discounter desktop computers (and laptops...). "Available by
default" isn't the same as easier to use.

Windows has got better proprietary support for additional hardware, as
well as some professional software, but this is true for Apple
operating systems, too.

_But_ Windows is the operating system that fails the most and comes
with the most worse support related to the countless issue and
has got the most security gaps. Without a computer geek in the
neighborhood Jane Doe is way more lost, than when using a user-friendly
Linux distro + willing to go through a small learning curve. Yes, a
*BSD and user-centric Linux distro is not made for Jane and even
user-friendly Linux distros aren't idiot proof. Not completely, but
close to idiot proof is Apple, but you need to pay for this by much
money and accepting radical restrictions.