On Sun, Jul 3, 2022 at 7:17 PM J .W. Jansen
<hans.jansen845...@kpnmail.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I discover the Ubuntu Advantage Tools package o my (private,
> non-business) computer (Currently at latest update level for XUbuntu
> 20.04). I certainly never asked for this software!
>
> When I try to remove this package I get a list of other packages which
> would be removed along with it, consisting of software which seems
> necessary to me for the overall functioning of my software. The list
> goes as follows:
>
>      ttf-mscorefonts-installer
>      ubuntu-minimal
>      ubuntu-release-upgrader-gtk
>      update-manager
>      update-manager-core
>      update-notifier
>      update-notifier-common
>
> How can I get rid of this unwanted (i.e. BLOATWARE...) stuff?

Hi,
this was already discussed at [1] and [2] and a few other places
linked from there.
If you have new technical arguments I'd ask you to consider replying
to that mail thread so that they can be considered in the same context
where the discussion took place so far.

[1]: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2022-June/042115.html
[2]:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-advantage-tools/+bug/1950692

> Several other packages react in the same way when I try to remove them,
> so I would be grateful for suggestions to achieve this!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hans Jansen.
>

> --

Christian Ehrhardt