To whomever it may concern.

I'm writing to inform you that after your most recent kernel update to kernel
6.2.0-26-generic
from kernel 5.19.0-50-generic I have - once again - had the issue that some of
the programs on
my computer have had difficulty starting as most of the time they've crashed,
suffering from a
segmentation fault. On the occasion that they do star - something that is more
rare than not -
they usually ether temporarily hang or crash while loading.

So far it seems that this bug only occurs with the 64-bit versions of unity3d
games and while
some games do have a 32-bit version (which seems to always run just fine) not
all do.

>From what I can discern this problem might be connected to the 64-bit version
>of the libmono.so
file. It's also to my knowledge not possible to just remove it or replace it
with the 32-bit version. The very
same problem occurred back in July when kernel 6.1.0-1015-oem replaced kernel
5.19.0-46-generic
and disappeared with kernel 5.19.0-50-generic only to now re-appear again.

While searching on GOG I did found a thread were some Debian users had the same
or a very similar
problem back in June. As well as someone who'd managed a workaround by
LD-preloading a shim that
removed the MAP_32BIT flag since that was apparently what randomly failed.

<http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dungeon_2_debian_12>

I'm running Ubuntu Jammy Jellyfish and have had this problem on several
computers with different
hardware - both AMD and Intel as wells as NVIDIA Discrete and Intel Integrated
graphics.

Sincerly
Joy