On Mon, Jun 17, 2024, Adrien Nader wrote:
> Second, it would probably be beneficial to have the list of old and new
> package names in migrations if they are different. (and then show
> package status when hovering over a package's name!)

A few mere hours after sending my previous e-mail, I was talking with
Graham and was made aware (again?) of the transition tracker. My browser
history tends to indicate that I had never visited Ubuntu's before.

It can be seen at
https://ubuntu-archive-team.ubuntu.com/transitions/index.html

There's something to note though:

> Affected: .depends ~
> /\b(libvtk9\.3|libvtk9\.3\-qt|libvtk9\.1t64|libvtk9\.1t64\-qt)\b/

This doesn't include libvtk9.1 without the t64 suffix and it was
therefore missing some of the packages I had identified manually because
these are amd64-only and had not been transition for t64.

I don't know how often this kind of situation happens.

In any case, I'm also happy because it does what I was after. On
https://ubuntu-archive-team.ubuntu.com/transitions/html/auto-vtk9.html#!good,bad,partial,unknown,!notintesting
there is a "Collisions" section that says "auto-opencascade through f3d"
which is exactly what I had seen and I think I can integrate that into
my better excuses frontend.
It's reporting "gdal" and "libmatio" however. The transition are
basically complete but the new packages declare Breaks: on their
previous version...

--
Adrien