hi,
Am Freitag, den 19.11.2010, 19:03 -0500 schrieb Marc Deslauriers:
> On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 17:11 +0100, Soren Hansen wrote:
> > On 18-11-2010 21:59, Alex Chiang wrote:
> > > I would expect that a data center set up in this manner would
> > > also have remote serial consoles to all the machines there too,
> > > using conserver or conman something similar.
> >
> > I wonder if the no-open-ports-by-default policy applies to serial ports
> > as well? If not (which I'm guessing is the case), perhaps this is
> > something we should do set up default?
> >

> This is an excellent idea. I've had more than one person ask me why the
> serial port isn't enabled to perform headless installations.
the serial port should be enabled automatically if you set the console=
boot parameter to a serial tty (i.e. console=ttyS0,115200n8) its rerally
a matter of the default console the kernel offers, we should probably
have "install through serial" which sets this comdline as an option on
the first screen.

ciao
        oli