The Internet Systems Consortium (underwriters of Bind, kernel.org
et al) are proposing to do a ground-up rewrite of DHCP infrastructure
for Bind10.

Over the life-time of Ubuntu various attempts have been made with
dhclient/dhclient3/dhcpd to try get better integration between the
DHCP clients and the user-visible network infrastructure such
as Conman, Network-Manager and their applets.

In Ubuntu we are one of the largest distributors of a near-stock
dhclient, so we may wish to put some input into this to ensure the
focus is useful.  For example DHCP acquire on degraded wifi networks
can frequently end up with exponential back-off timeouts and that's
still I believe non-ideal.

Currently the ISC have a questionnaire that people may wish to fill
out individually, it's possible that on a system/platform level in
Debian/Ubuntu/Canonical we may want to prepare a more concerted
response:

  http://www.isc.org/announcement/dhcp-survey

        -Paul