On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:53:45AM -0700, Brad Figg wrote:
> On 03/24/2011 11:49 AM, Philipp Kern wrote:
> >On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:09:45AM -0700, Brad Figg wrote:
> >>It is my understanding that the current plan is to usd Gobby
> >>for session note taking at the next UDS. Please say it isn't
> >>so.
> >
> >Elaborate critique.  Or rather: Care to elaborate?  Did you file bugs?
> >
> >Kind regards
> >Philipp Kern
> >

> The server crashes constantly. I'm not sure it is the load or something
> else but it is very frustrating (as you can imaging) to have a room
> full of people in it, adding notes and having it just go away.
>
> I filed no bugs against it. I don't know if anyone else did.

It's hard to know exactly how to file an actionable bug since many of
the most serious issues are either network or serverside problems.

At one UDS I did take time to report bugs on every issue I could
identify, both clientside and otherwise, but that was a couple years ago
at least.  Many of those issues still existed last UDS.

I wonder if UDS's usage model (tons of users on a not totally reliable
wireless network) is outside the scope of what they're able to test?

Bryce