Hello,

For years I thought Ubuntu was a great project and with the time I
discovered it's myself. In the 2009 about I started to contribute
helping in the italian IRC channel support (#ubuntu-it), then helping on
the italian forum and after some time I started to help the italian
Ubuntu translations team maintaining some translations templates. Then I
also started to modify and maintain some wiki pages in italian. After a
while, I started to contribute to Ubuntu development: my first upload
was in the April 2010 when I did my first sync in Ubuntu. A while later,
I uploaded my first package, autotrash (however, I uploaded it in Debian
after some time and I started to maintain it there). I started to work
on the various development tasks (syncs, merges, bug fixing, ...). In
the later July 2010 I got my MOTU membership. Since that moment, I
earned more experience day after day.

With my adventure, I meet a lot of wonderful people. I also meet a
couple of people who helped me; I'm not going to mention them, because
the list would be quite big. I learned a lot of things, thanks everyone.

Because of some stuff in the real life, and other things, I'm afraid I
won't be able to still contribute to Ubuntu. I'm writing this mail
reluctantly, I will however remain in the MOTU team and an Ubuntu member
with the hope to come back one day. But I will still be around when I
can and I won't totally go.

Good luck with the future of the project and thanks for everything.

Lorenzo De Liso