On 20.07.2011 22:11, Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am confused as to the definition of the different levels of Ubuntu
> Developers and how that relates to membership in each of the various
> teams (though probably involves overall project membership as well).

> According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopers an "Ubuntu
> Prospective Developer" is someone "who probably just started
> contributing to Ubuntu". The description on the wiki page doesn't list
> anything critical there; the person still needs a sponsor to upload,
> etc. From what I can read it's basically the same as Ubuntu Membership
> but you're interested in eventually going down the development path
> and you have a mentor/sponsor. Ok, that sounds good to me. This feels
> like a position that should be relatively low barrier.

I am quite new to Ubuntu (~year). Started process being Ubuntu Developer
~half year ago. After reading of this wiki page and discussions with
many people I see this list:

1. "Ubuntu Prospective Developer"

- not Ubuntu member
- no rights to upload
- all changes though sponsors

2. "Ubuntu Contributing Developer"

- Ubuntu member
- no rights to upload
- all changes though sponsors

3. "Per Package Uploader"

- Ubuntu member
- can directly upload some packages to repository (main, universe etc)
- other changes though sponsors

4. "Master Of The Universe" (MOTU in short)

- Ubuntu member
- can directly upload any package to 'universe' (maybe also
  'multiverse' but I do not know)
- other changes though sponsors

5. "Ubuntu Core Developer"

- Ubuntu member
- can upload any package to any part of repository

And then there is also one more:

6. "Some Team member"

- Ubuntu member
- can upload team packages to any(?) part of repository
- other changes though sponsors

Correct me if I am wrong.