Hi maco

On 04/08/11 11:08 AM, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> What, because we're all bloody ANGRY (it's not just me, I'm just the
> one who's a big enough BITCH to say anything) at being elected and
> then told "oh no we didn't REALLY want you to actually MAKE
> DECISIONS!" ? I don't have a problem with MOST individuals at
> Canonical. The ones who think we're supposed to be their pet ponies,
> though? HELL YES.

Take a deep breath.

I wouldn't say we're all angry, I'm certainly not. There are certain
things worth getting angry about, this is not one of them.

Some people are frustrated because they expect to get membership and
they don't. We shouldn't hold it against them, it's just human nature.

Sure, it's not nice when they start complaining mid-meeting, making it
harder on the next applicant who will then get less attention than they
deserve, but that's something we can work on. Just something as simple
as stating "If you disagree with the outcome or would like to talk to
the RMB about it, please do so after the meeting in #ubuntu-emea-board
afterwards. Please don't do it during the meeting." could help improve
it. Sometimes we find that people who apply know very little about
membership or the process. We could also have a check with the applicant
and ask them "Have you read the Ubuntu membership guidelines?", the
guideline should perhaps include information on how to appeal and who do
to it with.

Even though some nerves have being struck in this thread, I think it's
just important to remember that if you're a leader in the project, it's
important to be the bigger person and try to work towards solutions
rather than get angry about it.

-Jonathan