2011/9/15 Matthias Klose <matthias.kl...@canonical.com>:
> On 09/15/2011 06:08 PM, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:

>>> pretty please, can we revert this immediately? There is absolutely *no*
>>> reason
>>> to do that.

I have reverted and uploaded it.

>>> We didn't make that whole conversion to not create files on installation
>>> time,
>>> just to introduce it for another class of files again.
>>>
>>>   Matthias
>>
>> This finishes the solving of the whole problem of namespace
>> __init__.py files. There is no longer a need for one package to
>> install that file.
>>
>> This is part of transition to dh_python2.
>
> No. Definitely not. The blueprint speaks about not installing files at
> configuration time, not about transitioning to dh_python2. It is the
> non-availability of files at configuration time which turns out to be
> problematic, for python daemons, triggers, and so on.

OK, from man dh_python2:

"It's  still  a  good idea to provide __init__.py file in one of
binary packages (even if all other packages use this feature)."

Now I see that postinst script calls pycompile that creates the
__init__.py files. And the time when files may be not available are
between unpack and postinst, but a daemon restarting at the same time
may catch exactly that moment?

>> It also fixes an awful problem in oneiric, if schooltool is installed:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zope.interface/+bug/851038
>>
>> Bad timing, I understand.
>
> It's not just the timing, it's bad.

Fixing.