On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 04:15:43PM -0800, Clint Byrum wrote:
> I was just reviewing the SRU's that Chuck Short uploaded for keystone,
> nova, and glance to oneiric-proposed, and it strikes me that really
> OpenStack core components should go through the MicroReleaseException
> process.
>
> Upstream has active QA, and as of diablo supports a stable release branch
> with policies around acceptance.
>
> Just sending this to ubuntu-devel as a PSA that if your SRU has more
> than 2 or 3 bugs to fix at one time, its probably not going to be able
> to pass through our manual patch review process. However, take a look
> at the criteria here and consider applying for a micro release exception:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions

Hi Clint,

I think this really needs some further clarification.

I followed this process earlier this year, when performing an SRU for
bind9 which involved a new upstream version.. This was jumping from
upstream versions 9.7.0 -> 9.7.3 in Lucid.

I raised the subject with the TB, and mdz responded that:
"MicroReleaseExceptions is a list of standing exceptions. It's not
necessary to go through the tech board to handle one-off requests like
this one. The SRU team can decide what to do here without TB
involvement." [0]

Is this still the case?

[0]
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/bind9/+bug/651875/comments/12