On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 04:17:52PM -0500, Pete Graner wrote:
> On 12/09/2011 12:06 PM, Kees Cook wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 01:23:21PM -0700, Patrick Wright wrote:
> >>The Platform QA has started executing boot speed tests on the daily
> >>ISOs.  We are currently using the bootchart package to collect the
> >>boot speed results.  Those results can be reviewed from the Boot Speed
> >>Report. [1] The results you see are still in progress, but its a good
> >>idea of where we're heading.  The Dell and Samsung are the most
> >>up-to-date.
> >
> >Great! Thanks for getting these published. Are there plans to add other
> >workloads? I would be very curious to see things like kernel build times,
> >iobench, apache static and dynamic page serving latency, and power
> >consumption for idle, dvd, audio, etc.
>
> In the near term future you have boot speed and we will be doing
> power testing as well via a high end Fluke Network meter. That power
> bits are still a work in progress but we should have something up in
> the next few weeks. cking is the guy to talk to.

Cool! That sounds great. I've long wanted to bust open some laptops and get
some probes in there, but never find the time. :)

> As far as benchmarking, load & stress tests, they are on the long
> term roadmap for QA but not for this cycle.

Okay, thanks. Is there any way for people to contribute tests that could
get added to these reports? I know autotest has a "perf" output mode, but I
haven't played with it much yet.

-Kees

--
Kees Cook