Hi there!

I had a little free time this week and since there is some thought of
bringing gnutls28 into PP, I made a ppa to rebuild the
main-dependencies, ppa available at
https://launchpad.net/~amoog/+archive/gnutls28-test

Many packages relied on libgnutls-dev to Depend on libgcrypt11-dev in
order to bring in gcrypt. Since libgnutls28-dev does not Depend on
gcrypt anymore, this reveals a lot of policy violations. (see list below).

Note: Even though some packages built fine, I didn't extensively test
them yet. If you happen to notice any odd behaviour, please report!

FTBFS:

cluster-glue: Fails to build:
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libpils.so.2 needed by
> debian/libplumb2/usr/lib/libplumb.so.2.1.0 (ELF format: 'elf32-i386'; RPATH:
> '').

exim4: Fails to build, with patch from upstream it builds, but a lot of
format warnings are in the buildlog, I guess security should check them out.

libggz: Fails to build with
> ggz_tls_gnutls.c:59:73: error: 'GNUTLS_COMP_LZO' undeclared here (not in a
> function)

openldap: Fails to build, needs porting:
> ../../../../libraries/libldap/tls_g.c:374:4: warning: implicit declaration of
> function 'gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
(and the corresponding "couldn't find symbol" later)

pacemaker: Fails to build, seems unrelated to gnutls change, needs
investigating.

BUILD FINE AFTER ADDING libgcrypt11-dev Build-Dep:

cups
curl
freetds (corrected an issue with --as-needed)
glib-networking
gnome-vfs (corrected an issue with --as-needed)
gtk-vnc
lftp
libgadu
libimobiledevice