Scott Kitterman [2012-03-01 11:25 -0500]:
> It was my understanding that the primary purpose of U/I and string freeze was
> to allow documentation developers and translators time to get their work done.

Mine as well.

I was actually quite surprised when Rodney pointed out the "... in the
default install" clause in the wiki documentation; so far I operated
on the assumption that all freezes apply to the whole archive.

But on second thought a restriction for UIF does make sense, just to
ease the exception process a bit.

> None of translations applies to Universe.

Almost, see Stephane's reply.

So for merely rearranging the user interface, UIF could be limited to
applications which are in any default install, i. e. in any project
packageset (core, ubuntu, xubuntu, kubuntu, etc.)

For the translation side, I think restricting UIF to packages in main
will give us a good enough approximation.

Martin