On 5/1/12 6:27 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On May 01, 2012, at 03:14 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:

Am Montag, den 30.04.2012, 12:16 -0400 schrieb Barry Warsaw:
(Hint: you need to install debootstrap explicitly from precise-backports
first.)

Can't we have a SRU this instead?

I think that would be better, but I don't know why it was backported instead
of SRUd.  Over in #ubuntu-devel, Stefano discovered that it was handled
differently for Oneric->Precise because we knew the code name early enough to
make the change before the release.  This time, we didn't know Quantal's code
name until the rc's were being spun.

So I'd like to understand the rationale for backporting it before going
through the SRU process.  Maybe we need A Policy for the future too.

Might I suggest that this policy is that Mark should name the next release around the time of the second beta. It's really silly for developers to be blocked in any fashion because we haven't done a witty name and blog post yet.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie