On Thursday, July 26, 2012 03:08:21 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> Qt 3 is old, unmaintained and unused by anything anyone cares about.
> It's been removed from Debian.  So I propose we remove it from Ubuntu
> too, just after an LTS is a good time to do this.  This will mean we
> are not compliant with lsb-desktop but a standard which uses obsolete
> technologies isn't any use to anyone.

And Qt4 is also part of the current LSB, AIUI.  By the time we get to 14.04,
ISVs will have had plenty of time to adapt.  +1.

Keeping Qt3 means not only maintaining it in a distro sense, but also becoming
the effective upstream maintainers as nowhere else that I'm aware of is that
being done.

Scott K