On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Sebastien Bacher <seb...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm looking at merging the new gnutls26 and 28 from Debian, since our
> versions are a bit outdated, and I was wondering if we are holding on 26 by
> default for a reason or if just didn't happen yet because nobody got time
> for it?

As pointed out by others; there are licensing incompatibilities.
However, it would be good to update gnutls26 to the latest version in
Debian. (2.12.20 is in Debian and is the most recent release on that
branch).

> Debian made 28 the default over 6 months ago and it seems it would be good
> to follow them on it

(As pointed out to me by Mike Miller, maintainer of openconnect in Debian)

"Not completely. Gnutls26 is still the default library in Debian, at
least for the current release, also because of the license change (see
[1]). The gnutls-bin package is indeed 28, but libgnutls-dev is still
26 and all packages build-depend on that."

[1]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-gnutls-maint/2012-June/004277.html

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <mathieu...@gmail.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu...@gmail.com
4096R/EE018C93 1967 8F7D 03A1 8F38 732E  FF82 C126 33E1 EE01 8C93