On 7 September 2012 06:23, Dan Chen <seven.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Daniel Holbach
> <daniel.holb...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Would it be possible to remove these packages?
> >
> > Packages I found in the sponsoring queue were: sugar-0.84, sugar-0.88,
> > sugar-base-0.86, sugar-datastore-0.86, sugar-toolkit-0.86 but I assume
> > there are more.

SGTM.

> This proposal sounds reasonable. Last I chatted with Luke F, the
> "development platform" had migrated to Fedora.

Iain Lane pinged me a while back about this packageset; I requested it when
I worked for Activity Central <http://activitycentral.com> in 2010 and was
working on bringing a number of AC developers on board working on porting
Sugar from Fedora.

The project was successful, insofar as Ubuntu 10.10 had a decent,
mostly-working Sugar stack. Unfortunately, Mozilla was changing the way
they provide support for xulrunner, so we weren't able to have a functional
Browse <http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4024> since the
webkit-based Sugar browser was very immature.

Basically, Activity Central moved on, and the developers who would have
been candidates for joining the Sugar packageset uploaders moved on to
other projects.

The Debian OLPC team <http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-olpc/> still
maintains Sugar, but under significantly reduced staffing.

--

Luke Faraone;; Debian & Ubuntu Developer; Sugar Labs; GMU 2014
lfaraone on irc.[freenode,oftc].net -- https://luke.wf/ohhello