Hello,

On 15.10.2012 22:32, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 03:09:31PM -0500, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
>> Note, queue not going down as much as it could be because I saw a lot of
>> things (correctly) being deferred to R
>
> I think we really need to come up with a better way of systematically
> deferring sponsorship queue items that doesn't involve individual sponsors
> taking responsibility for revisiting an item when the next release opens.
> That workflow tends to make developers very reluctant to move stuff out of
> the queue because they can't commit to being the one to do that work in $x
> weeks.  I'd really like us to be able to have a central sponsorship deferral
> tag that we can batch process at the opening of the next release, so that we
> can deal with this more efficiently across the team.

On
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/CodeReviews#Keeping_the_Sponsoring_Queue_manageable
we say for things that are "[n]ot suitable for the current release period":

 * Let the contributor know that the patch is not suitable for the
   current release period.
 * Unsubscribe ubuntu-sponsors, or mark the merge proposal status as
   "Work in Progress". (Be sure to tell the contributor to reverse the
   process)
 * Subscribe yourself to the bug report (this ensures it shows up in
   the following url)
 * Milestone the bug to 'later'.
 * Visit
https://bugs.launchpad.net/people/+me/+bugs/?field.milestone%3Alist=196
once the new release opens and upload the
   fix.

Would this work?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to