Hi,

Le 20/12/2012 13:00, ubuntu-devel-requ...@lists.ubuntu.com a écrit :
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:16:49 -0500 From: Barry Warsaw
> <ba...@ubuntu.com> To: ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com Subject: Re: Styles
> of Packaging (was: Deprecating the wiki-based Packaging Guide)
> Langasek wrote:
>> >UDD poses a different set of problems.  I'm not sure how relevant it is to
>> >the upstream developer who just wants to package their software; at the very
>> >least, I think the developer docs should explicitly deal with the
>> >possibility that the upstream has already made a different VCS choice that's
>> >not bzr.
> The packaging guide has a bit of a schizophrenic heritage, and it's not quite
> sure what audience it's trying to reach.  Is it upstream developers who just
> want to package their software?  Is it drive-by Ubuntu contributors who want
> to gain some experience fixing a bug or scratching their own itch?  Is it the
> experienced developer who whats a reference to preferred tools?

Maybe I can share my experience on how I've seen and used the packaging
guide in the past year, coming from complete debian packaging ignorance.

I've looked at the guide as a best practice from the Ubuntu community on
how things should be done correctly to produce good quality packaging.
Since my work is solely working on existing packages, it was a great
help in understanding why things are done a certain way and how to
continue to do things adequately.

It was a great help in doing a fast ramp up to packaging and I still use
it regularly to confirm part of my workflow.

Maybe a good understanding of the target audience might help to stear
some of its content.

Kind regards,

...Louis

--