On Thursday, February 14, 2013 02:30:36 PM Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 14.02.2013 14:12, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > I think you should step back and let him speak deal with this.   I wasn't
> > a DMB member when he applied before,  but I am now.  The fact that people
> > (who,  by some amazing coincidence, all work for the same company) keep
> > harassing the DMB about this makes me approach his application more
> > skeptically.
> From a DMB member I'd expect that they can leave company affiliations
> aside. They didn't matter before and there's no need to drag them into
> the conversation now. Of course Séb works closely with Björn, so he has
> a reason to wonder what's going on.
>
> All that's been asked for is some more concrete steps on what Björn
> should work on to improve his chances in a /third/ try to get upload
> rights. Which, I, as somebody who talks to many contributors who
> consider applying, would be interested in as well.
>
> Please let's try to stick to what we're all interested in: people's
> contributions, their qualification and when they're ready for upload rights.

I would love to have a system where company affiliation doesn't matter.  It
does
seem that the DMB only gets harassment when applicants that work for one
company do not get approved, so it's not at all clear to me that we have that
(this could be either a function of applicants from one particular company
being judged unfairly or it could be something else - I've seen many cases of
what I thought was an unfair result in the past and only the group with common
employment resulted in complaints though).

I think that while it's natural for others to have an interest, it's Björn's
application and he's the one that should be speaking up if he has questions.

Scott K