On 27 February 2013 07:43, Ted Gould <t...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> For GTK+ applications to export their menu items they need to load the
> appmenu-gtk module.  That's done by the environment variable
> UBUNTU_MENUPROXY which is set to libappmenu.so.  That should have the
> various applications export their menus.

I think there's more needed. Under Unity, running the attached Python
script from a terminal gives me some results:

--
$ ./hud.py
File &gt; <b>Open</b> Tab

Under Gnome, I get nothing back, even though:

--
$ echo $UBUNTU_MENUPROXY
libappmenu.so

I'm interested in the libhud-client library though. Is it able to be
used via GObject introspection? And is there any documentation
available?

Cheers,
Jason