hi,
On Do, 2013-02-28 at 20:14 +0000, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:

> So, I'm all in favor of having two-yearly releases. But for the same
> reasons as six-monthly releases are bad, monthly snapshots and/or a
> rolling release would be much worse -- unless we are careful to
> communicate that they are for contributors only, not for end users or
> ISVs.

the problem here is currently that we only keep the last three images
around for space reasons.
if a fatal installer bug goes unnoticed for three days you don't have
any working install media. for this case it is good to have a last known
good image around (we were exactly bitten by such a case right before
the recent desktop team sprint where nexus7 images were discovered to be
nonfunctional on Friday evening before the sprint started).

while i appreciate that we want to have each and every image installable
all the time, it is unrealistic to expect 100% coverage here. if we
don't want to have monthly milestones that get a manual sign off from
testers, we need to keep a larger amount (1 week, 10 days) of images
around to make sure to cover such cases.

ciao
        oli