On Tuesday, March 05, 2013 06:20:14 PM Scott Kitterman wrote:
> What's needed is not only show me updates every X days, but only show me
> non- critical updates that are at least X days old.  I don't think we have
> a way to express that.

While I agree with the genearl notion, solving that on the client side in  a
configurable manner would cause a whole bunch of problems and policy decisions.

X=7;
Let's assume a new KDE SC version is uploaded; an issue with kde-workspace is
found and workspace gets a new uploaded six days after the batch upload of the
new version.
Seven days after the initial upload everything *but* kde-workspace would be
ready for update.

So what is the update manager expected to do? Disregard the dependency on a
newer workspace than what is allowed to be installed and then error to the
user "couldn't upgrade foo because deps are not met" or hold back the entire
dependency chain?
If rolling updates are meant to be not any more intrusive than an update on a
LTS release, and at the same time adhere to must-be-atleast-x-days-old it
would have to be latter and then in theory with the large pile of inter-
dependent pieces that comprise the KDE software collection you could in theory
block an update indefinitely by uploading a change every 6 days...

It sounds wrong.

HS