On 3/6/2013 1:28 AM, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:
As far as I understand, a really good effort is already put into the
hardware enablement part in LTS. So hypothetically, if a dozen or so

It is? The kernel team backports drivers for new hardware to the LTS kernel? I didn't think that was the case and that would be a big reason for OEMs not to want a 2 year cadence.

Also, is a monthly release intended to be less work than a 6-monthly
release? Because last I checked there wasn't enough manpower to pull off
a 6 month release without any very harsh bugs.

Yes, the intention is that it be much less work, as Collin said.