On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:28:57AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le 28/01/2013 21:06, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :

> >We recently did a smem memory snapshot from raring, running on a
> >nexus tablet. The results have been recorded on the wiki:
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Smem-2013-01-16

> Just as a small status update, since we are wrapping the raring
> cycle I though it would be good to have an updated snapshot, so I
> did one yesterday (using the current raring iso):
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Smem-2013-04-24

> I wrote down some of the most notable differences in the "notes"
> column and added the "new"/"dropped from the list of running
> processes" at the bottom of the page. There is a quite some
> fluctuation between runs, so it's not easy to say if the small diffs
> are actual changes or just noise...

Thanks for this update, Seb!

You noted in the list of 'new' processes:

  pxgsettings processes (libproxy use in geoclue and lenses?)

I've noticed this here as well; on my system this comes to 10 processes (5
shells, 5 pxgsettings instances).  That looks very wrong to me.  Why is this
not running as a single dbus service with multiple clients?  Is this a
priority for the desktop team to look at?

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org