There are reasons to place headers in /usr/src instead of usual location.

All headers in /usr/include can be treated as stable APIs, and probably most developers expect that nobody will break /usr/include/foo.h in future distribution versions and updates. However, QtCreator headers contain many private APIs and many non-stable public APIs. As result, public API and ABI changes in each major, minor and patch version.

Actually QtCreator doesn't provide any external API: it splits all IDE subsystems to dynamically loadable modules in order to simplify development and make strict dependencies between subsystems. 3rd-party plugins are just 3rd-party modules binded to particular QtCreator version and build.