Hello,
I did a fresh install of Xubuntu 14.04 on a Dell Inspiron and all went
quite nicely. I like the work the devels made into simplifying the
interface, and making Xubuntu more lightweight than before. The more
complete Settings is well done, too.

One issue that I'm noticing is issues with putting the laptop to
Suspend. Whether I do it from xfce4-session-logout or from
xfce4-power-manager, the laptop will hang on attempting to Suspend,
when I hit the power button the laptop shuts down, when I restart
there is the "Report a problem" wizard that I used to send info to the
devels which reports that the laptop failed to resume properly from
suspend.

HOWEVER, the awkward issue is that when I do Suspend from within
LightDM it works fine (doesn't hang _and_ resumes fine). Also, `sudo
pm-suspend` works, too, without a glitch.

So what is xfpm doing differently? How can I fix this? And should I

Regards,
Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?