03.03.2018, 10:14, "Andrey Ponomarenko":
> Hi there!
>
> Good news for all interested in hardware compatibility and reliability.
>
> I've started a new project to estimate reliability of hard drives and SSD in
> real-life conditions based on the SMART data reports collected by Linux users
> in the Linux-Hardware.org database since 2014. The initial data (SMART
> reports), analysis methods and results are publicly shared in a new github
> repository: https://github.com/linuxhw/SMART. Everyone can contribute to the
> report by uploading probes of their computers by the hw-probe tool!
>
> The primary aim of the project is to find drives with longest "power on
> hours" and minimal number of errors. The following formula is used to measure
> reliability: Power_On_Hours / (1 + Number_Of_Errors), i.e. time to the first
> error/between errors.
>
> Please be careful when reading the results table. Pay attention not only to
> the rating, but also to the number of checked model samples. If rating is
> low, then look at the number of power-on days and number of errors occurred.
> New drive models will appear at the end of the rating table and will move to
> the top in the case of long error-free operation.

Hi,

I've just created a Deb package for hw-probe. See
https://github.com/linuxhw/hw-probe/blob/master/INSTALL.md#install-on-debian.

The command to replenish the database:

    sudo hw-probe -all -upload

One can also use a lightweight all-in-one AppImage (Debian 8 and later, Ubuntu
12.04 and later) or Snap package (Debian 9 and later, Ubuntu 14.04 and later)
to make a probe of the computer w/o the need to install any Deb packages to the
system:

https://github.com/linuxhw/hw-probe#appimage
https://github.com/linuxhw/hw-probe#snap

Deb package sources are available in the OBS project:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:linuxbuild/hw-probe

Thank you.