On 2019-05-22 20:59, Brian Murray wrote:
So we ended up questioning the usefulness of installing mlocate by
default on systems at all. We believe that find is an adequate
replacement for mlocate but want to hear from you about use cases
where it may not be.

As a volunteer contributor and involved in support, I tend to use locate() very often, and find() so seldom that I have to look up the syntax everytime. If mlocate would be dropped from default, it would be one of the first package I'd install when doing a fresh install.

Suitable to be added to ubuntu-dev-tools?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj