Hi Dimitri,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 3:26 AM Dimitri John Ledkov <x...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> There are issues with icu 65 compatibility with gnustep-base:
>
> PREEURO used in tests, yet dropped by ICU -
> https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/issues/103

I did that in ICU 64 :-)
fredkiefer already found my ICU ticket for that
<https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-20187>; I just added a link
to the change proposal with more background info.

Numeric sort fails to work (i.e. order 11 to be higher than 2) -
> https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/issues/104

I am the implementer/maintainer of the collation code. I am not aware of
any recent changes in that code.
FYI we have an ICU Collation Demo
<http://demo.icu-project.org/icu-bin/collation.html> which I am pretty sure
runs on ICU 65. When I turn *on* the numeric option I get
<1 File-3
<1 file-12
<1 filé-110

With it *off* I get
<1 filé-110
<1 file-12
<1 File-3

We also have unit test cases for this option, and they continue to pass.
See icu4c/source/test/testdata/collationtest.txt
<https://github.com/unicode-org/icu/blob/master/icu4c/source/test/testdata/collationtest.txt>
&
look for "numeric".

I think the first one needs to be resolved in gnustep test-suite,
> whilst it would be appreciated some input on
> https://github.com/gnustep/libs-base/issues/104 as to possibly why
> NSNumericSearch test cases fail (ucol_setAttribute(coll,
> UCOL_NUMERIC_COLLATION, UCOL_ON, &status);)

There should be no change in this behavior.

Best regards,
markus