On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 5:58 PM Lukas Märdian <lukas.maerd...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> using python2.7, tho). Neither of both can be built using python3. Upstream
> is apparently working on this Python3 support, but they are not quite
> ready:
> https://foss.heptapod.net/pypy/pypy/-/commits/branch/rpython3/
>
> The pypy maintainer @tumbleweed is pretty active and suggested using the
> pycparser bundled with pypy, to avoid that dependency. Also, a python2.7
> source could be bundled with pypy to avoid that dependency as well, if
> need be
> (i.e. after src:python2.7 is removed).
>
> It builds fine without the python-pycparser build-dependency (for non
> 'stage1'
> build profiles, i.e. building with pypy with pypy itself). @tumbleweed
> wants to
> look into fixing the '--profile=stage1' bootstrapping build using the
> bundled
> pycparser.
>

> ### hyphy ###
>
> hyphy / 2.5.28+dfsg-3 autopkgtest failure on amd64
>
> The tests for this package crash with "Illegal instruction (core dumped)"
> ("Using /usr/lib/hyphy/bin/hyphy-avx"). I was not able to reproduce the
> issue
> locally in qemu, so this seems to be an infrastructure issue. The test
> first
> failed for the new "curl" upload, but I did a baseline test against
> "hello",
> which shows that this package regressed in -release, independently of
> "curl".
> The tests still pass on hirsute-release, tho. I'm not really sure how to
> continue here...
> Did something change wrt. the AVX instruction set on our amd64 test
> runners?
>

> ### nss (dogtag-pki) ###
>
> nss / 2:3.63-1ubuntu1 (vs dogtag-pki) autopkgtest failure on s390x
>
> This problem is unrelated to the s390x autopkgtest failures we had some
> while
> ago. The 389-ds-base patch (https://github.com/389ds/389-ds-base/pull/4573)
> is
> included in the 389-ds-base package. The dogtag-pki test passes if tested
> against "389-ds-base"; it passes if tested against "hello" (using old
> "nss");
> it fails when tested using the new "nss" (2:3.63-1ubuntu1).
> Looking into DebianCI, the new "nss" passes testing with "dogtag-pki" on
> s390x, tho. So this seems to be a real regression in nss 2:3.63-1ubuntu1,
> most
> probably inside the ubuntu delta itself.
> It's kind of hard to debug this right now, as Canonistack is still flaky,
> there
> is no proper access to s390x machines... Also, I'm running out of time, so
> this
> is something to pick up next time.
>

> ### TODO ###
>
> - Check back with @tumbleweed about the pypy/stage1 build
> - Figure out what changed wrt. AVX instruction set on the test runners

Hi Lukas,
There is no single "AVX instruction set", it actually consists of various
things introduced in different chip generations.
And what can be passed to the guest also depends on kernel and
qemu versions.
For a feeling of it look at `$ qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu ? | grep avx`

It is quite likely that your local test didn't have avx enabled at all.

My local autopkgtest for example specifies by default:
  -cpu kvm64,+vmx,+lahf_lm

This default has no avx capabilities at all.

In a local autopkgtest you can pass qemu cpu options via:
-- qemu --qemu-options=

Unless you need to do things much more fine grained you could try
  --qemu-options="-cpu host"

If still not locally reproducible, you might need to find a server with the
same chips as being used in the test infrastructure.
And you'd want to find the cpu spec that autopkgtest CPUs are run with
(this is an openstack, so there are
libvirt XMLs representing the guests and logs of the qemu commandling in
/var/log/libvirt/qemu/<guestname>.log
Look for "-cpu ..." in there

- Verify the Ubuntu delta of nss 2:3.63-1ubuntu1 regressed on s390x
> (dogtag-pki)
>

> Cheers,
>   Lukas
> --