On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 05:00:26PM -0400, Dan Streetman wrote:
> So as far as next steps based on your proposal, it seems like:

I detailed the next steps specifically in my proposal but focused on
slightly different things, so I appreciate you laying out your
perspective also. What you suggest here is essentially the same anyway.

> 1) Open call for initial volunteers
> - I volunteer for the leadership role (at least for the initial
> re-establishment), assuming there are no objections

Looks like there have been no objections. To be clear, I understand that
you're also volunteering for the day-to-day role?

> - mapreri volunteers for day-to-day role (thanks Mattia!)
> - this email thread seems like a good enough call to the community for
> anyone else who wants to volunteer, either in a leadership role or
> day-to-day role

+1. It appears that Mattia and Dan are currently the only volunteers.

> 2) Administrative changes to ~ubuntu-backporters
> - I don't see any public documentation on an existing process for
> membership changes to ~ubuntu-backporters, so I assume your proposal
> along with the disussion here is enough justification to ask the TB to
> make the changes, assuming there is no objection from the TB of
> course, or from existing active members (Laney I assume all this
> sounds ok to you?)

There has been no objection, so I intend to make the changes as agreed
in this thread as soon as ~techboard gets control of the team. Since
there is consensus here, I see no need to ask for TB permission
specifically (or, if you prefer to consider it this way, I will use my
TB hat to JFDI).

I haven't managed to reach ScottK who currently owns the
~ubuntu-backporters team. However he stepped away from Ubuntu
development quite a long time ago, and I don't think he would have any
objection to handing over the reins to ~techboard. So I filed
https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad/+question/698165 yesterday to
request this change.

Assuming the change is made, following my proposal detail, I intend to
remove everyone from ~ubuntu-backports and add Dan as its sole admin,
and then let Dan take it from there (I assume he will add Mattia as a
team member, and maybe Iain).

If we can't have ~ubuntu-backporters, I suppose I could register
~ubuntu-backporters2 and swap the queue ACLs over, but this seems
unlikely (and suboptimal).

> 3) New team has initial public irc meeting (and email/chat
> communication as needed) to make any process reforms (membership,
> backports process, etc)
> 4) update public documentation
> 5) New team starts work on reviewing backports
>
> does that seem correct?

This sounds good to me. These steps 3-5 would be for you (Dan) to
organise.

Thanks,

Robie