On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 05:03:10PM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
Hi all,

This is the summary of my +1 maintenance shift:

# consul

The package in Debian is FTBFS [1], this was reported by me in Ubuntu as
well [2]. I added a commit to salsa backporting an upstream patch which
fixes the FTBFS, but autopkgtest was still failing. Those tests have been
failing in Debian for many years [3], so I believe this was not a blocker.
However, Reinhard submitted a salsa MR to at least make autopkgtest happy,
so I reviewed and merged it [4]. Version 1.8.7+dfsg1-3 was uploaded to
Debian with the fixes.

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=997133
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/consul/+bug/1940152
[3] https://ci.debian.net/packages/c/consul/unstable/amd64/
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/consul/-/merge_requests/3

# golang-github-vbauerster-mpb

Re-trigger tests with the correct version of golang-github-containers-image
in all architectures. This also unblocked
golang-github-containers-{images,storage}.

# ruby-jekyll-remote-theme

The package was a FTBFS because it was running some tests trying to access
the Internet, it was building fine in Debian but due to the network policy
we use in our builders it was caught by us. Uploaded version 0.4.3-2 to
Debian skipping those tests.

# ruby-tty-prompt

Re-trigger autopkgtest with the needed dependencies from proposed.
Unblocked ruby-pastel, ruby-tty-command, ruby-tty-prompt, ruby-tty-reader.

# ruby-tty-screen

Re-trigger autopkgtest with the needed dependencies from proposed to
unblock itself.

# ruby-acsiidoctor-pdf

Re-trigger autopkgtest with correct version of ruby-prawn-icon and
ruby-prawn-svg to unblock both of them.

# Ruby packages FTBFSes due to 3.0 transition

There are a bunch of ruby packages FTBFS but most of them are because we
need to start rebuilding packages against ruby3.0, the current version of
ruby-defaults we have in -proposed already force the build against both,
ruby2.7 and ruby3.0. I'll be working on the transition in Ubuntu next week,
things will start to look better. In Debian, it is mostly done from the
release team perspective (97% done at the moment) [1], but there are still
some FTBFS needing some work [2], eventually we will need to get those
packages fixed as well or remove them when it is possible.

[1] https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/ruby3.0-add.html
[2]
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ruby3.0;users=debian-r...@lists.debian.org

# Python packages FTBFSes due to 3.10 transition (Athos)

Athos got a fix accepted in Debian and once it got sync'ed he needed to
retry the build of a bunch of packages [1]. I helped him with that. I think
he will reply to this email detailing his work.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unittest2/+bug/1949778

As mentioned by Lucas, I forwarded a few fixes to Debian related to
Python 3.10 support. They are all detailed in the following bugs:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unittest2/+bug/1949778
unittest2 was FTBFS, once fixed, it unblocked builds for several
packages, which were also FTBFS, these packages are listed in the bug
linked above.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-werkzeug/+bug/1950335
python-werkzeug was FTBFS, a fix has been released to Debian, but the
new package has not migrated yet due to regressions in flask.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-pyscss/+bug/1950391
python-pyscss was FTBFS. A fix has been forwarded to Debian and the
package was sync'd and migrated. This also unblocked a build for
python-django-pyscss, which also migrated.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/testresources/+bug/1950521
testresources is failing to build from sources. A fix was submitted to
Debian in
https://salsa.debian.org/openstack-team/python/testresources/-/merge_requests/3
and forwarded upstream. Once accepted, this should unblock builds for 3
other packages, listed in the bug.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-agate/+bug/1950646
python-agate was FTBFS. A fix was fowarded to Debian and the package has
migrated. It also unblocked python-agate-dbf and python-agate-sql. A fix
was also forwarded to Debian on python-leather to unblock builds for
these packages.

Have a great weekend!

Lucas Kanashiro.

Athos Ribeiro