Hi

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 12:28 PM Steve Langasek
<steve.langa...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 10:24:31AM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
>
> > I thought of:
> > a) bite the bullet. Upload 4.4.0-4ubuntu2 dropping the delta,
> > subscribe to the tiff package in debian, and sync it manually the next
> > time there is a debian upload
>
> I'm concerned that this requires subscription to the package in Debian for
> this to not fall off the radar.  We have merges.ubuntu.com which tracks
> which packages need to be updated, and the standing assumption is that the
> person who last uploaded the package to Ubuntu is responsible for following
> through on the merges.  Is this not the current practice of the Ubuntu
> Server team?

It is, and we have a weekly report[1] about it. I just go through this
extra step of subscribing to the package in the tracker so I don't
have to wait for that weekly report.

> There's a commandline tool, 'grep-merges', which lets you grep for packages
> you touched last by email.  'grep-merges hasenack' currently returns empty
> so you're currently good :)

Thanks ;)

1. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2022-August/009372.html
(grep-merges is the last section in that email)