Hi Alexander,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 03:03:10PM +0000, Alexander Koskovich wrote:

> I'm fairly new to submitting patches for Ubuntu and I wanted to confirm
> that I'm doing everything right inline with Ubuntu procedures.

> I read that you should fork the original repository in Launchpad, upload
> your commit to it, and open a merge request on the original repository.
> This is fairly similar to GitHub, but I also read somewhere else that you
> should submit the relevant patches through a mailing list?  Just wanted
> some clarification.

Where did you read that patches should be submitted by email?  Because
that's definitely incorrect.

> Also, if there's anything I would need to do on a merge request past just
> pushing it to get it reviewed.

Which branches are you looking to submit to?  There are lots of branches
that unfortunately we don't have monitoring of.  MPs are great, but I
wouldn't want you to do work on one only to have it go nowhere because no
one is listening.

The official process for getting patches included in Ubuntu is
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SponsorshipProcess>.  The sponsorship queue is
sadly also under-managed at this time, so sometimes a ping on IRC
(#ubuntu-devel@libera) or email is productive.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org