On Thu, Oct 19 2023 at 01:12:41 AM -03:00:00, Athos Ribeiro <athos.ribe...@canonical.com> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 05:44:12PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

with their questions.

Opinions?

+1

I´d go further and propose the same for the IRC channel - retire it and
redirect people to #ubuntu-devel.

Maybe that should be another discussion including the #ubuntu+1-maint
(the discussions seem to happen in #ubuntu-release) and #ubuntu-next (->
#ubuntu-devel) channels too.

--
Athos Ribeiro

I'm 100% in agreement with Steve's proposal on the merge of ubuntu-motu@ to ubuntu-devel-discuss@.

With my IRC op team hat on: let's be careful about the IRC channels which are ultimately goverened by the IRC council (i.e. not a Canonical decision except for what the IRC council has delegated to certain devel teams). While I would be in favor of closing #ubuntu-motu and forwarding to #ubuntu-devel, #ubuntu-next is a support channel (not a devel channel) and the volunteer support in #ubuntu and #ubuntu-next would not be too keen to lose that one. But, again, that's a discussion to be had with the IRC council.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader - Ubuntu Studio