On Fri, Jul 12, 2024 at 8:20 AM Robie Basak <robie.ba...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> rust-ashpd depwait -> rust-zbus depwait -> rust-zvariant specifically
> librust-zvariant-3+enumflags2-dev (>= 3.15.0-~~) previously synced from
> experimental version 4.0.0-1 provides librust-zvariant-4+enumflags2-dev.
> Looks like there were a bunch of things synced from experimental in late
> February that are now causing hold ups because other depending packages
> have autosynced and still require an older version. Looks like this is
> likely to shake itself out in time as packages are published into
> unstable in Debian, so it's perhaps not worth chasing this further
> without something we need that is being blocked by it.

Yes, I am hoping that the rust-zbus cluster gets fixed on the Debian
side by August. Some of the work is being coordinated in
https://bugs.debian.org/1069621
There is now a newer rust-zbus in Experimental but there are library
transitions involved so it wouldn't migrate without other packages
being updated (not yet fully done in Debian) or trying to tweak those
dependencies and hoping things work.

> Back to rust-gix, migrating rust-hashbrown et al will cause
> librust-cookie-store-dev to become uninstallable because it depends on
> an older version of librust-indexmap-dev. Looks like rust-cookie and
> rust-cookie-store need fixing as part of this cluster but they are held
> up by dep8 failures. rust-reqwest looks like it has never passed.
> Previously people have tried migration-reference/0 for them, but these
> return neutral because of a dependency issue. I think this needs badtest
> hinting.

rust-reqwest is fixed now, thanks to Simon Chopin & Skia.

There is a similar autopkgtest failure likely also due to Ubuntu
autopkgtest proxy restrictions: rust-ureq. It looks like it will need
to be handled for rust-cookie* to migrate which apparently is needed
for rust-hashbrown etc.

The rust-gvdb rebuild did not do what you intended. Generally with
these Rust packages, you'd need to either add, remove or modify a
patch to Cargo.toml and update debian/control. I'll fix rust-gvdb now.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha