On 11 February 2010 13:18, Robert Collins <robert.coll...@canonical.com> wrote:
> James Westby and I had some time together in Portland to talk about UDD
> stuff.
>
> We talked about a few things:
>
> * Looms, their use today and where they should go
> * The operational issues with the package importer and how the bzr team
> can help
> * analysed a few specific bugs and tried to come up with solutions.
>
> Firstly though, a couple of overview points:
>  - the udd project has 200 bugs on it. While many of these are
> 'collision' reports many are not. The collision reports are currently
> overly noisy, so please ignore them for now. However, the other bugs are
> open season for people to fix - and every bug fixed there will
> streamline things for people using bzr to package in Ubuntu.

Can you explain what a collision is?

> Finally we looked at Looms with mathiaz who is hoping to get the MySQL
> packages in Looms for both Debian and Ubuntu. We identified some rough
> spots and a missing command (import-upstream) but it seems doable, if
> not /nice/ today. After that we talked about a sparser loom merge graph.

I'd like to let looms progress, but not (unless james or others feel
differently) add them into the dependency chain for getting UDD going.
 iow people should be able to try them on particular branches, without
mandating them for all package branches, and (perhaps?) without
requiring everyone working on that package to use them.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>