On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:59:14 +1000, Ian Clatworthy
<ian.clatwor...@canonical.com> wrote:
> UDD now has an active mailing list, a Launchpad project and a bug/task
> list. Does it make sense to begin thinking about UDD as a product? Would
> it be valuable to talk about UDD x.y vs x.z?

By x.y and x.z do you mean versions? Would these differ from the
"phases" in the overall specification?

> Code wise, I guess the "product" is a mix of LP features, Bazaar
> features and Bazaar plugins. OTOH, those things come together to form a
> system.

Yeah, we usually associate products with a codebase.

> There's a huge amount of wisdom being imparted each week on this list.
> Perhaps we should turn some of the threads into tutorials (either in a
> wiki or bzr branch) or a "UDD Hackers Guide" say. Is it too early for that?

I think that would be very valuable. I am behind on the documentation
and would love for others to contribute things as they learn them.

Are you proposing specific changes in the way we work, or just a shift
in thinking?

Thanks,

James