Launchpad is getting building packages out of bzr branches via recipes
from a branch.

If i was you I would just keep upstream code & "upstream packaging"

in lp:computer-janitor.

Then locally setup bzr-builder recipes and use them to generate
ubuntu/debian source packages (you can run arbitary commands and
package version is auto-updated with branch bzr revision number, date,
target distro etc.)

You can already _set up_ recipes on launchpad as well to build from
branch to PPA but the job will just sit there until building from
branches using recipes on launchpad will be fully enabled.

later if you want to package it for distribution you will use awesome
bzr-bd - branch off from tag import pristine tarball to create
"official packaging branch" for doing releases to debian/ubuntu
archives.

IMHO no need for looms nor pipelines =)

ps. I'm rebasing all of my packaging branches against import of
upstream $vcs's =)